Be on the look out for people in our community who don’t have a place to go for Christmas! Help us invite them to Rose Heights for our 2nd Annual Community Christmas Lunch!
If you would like to help, you can pick up invite tickets Sunday mornings in the sanctuary foyer. Help us share the real spirit of Christmas with others! No one should do Christmas alone!
This is our opportunity as a church to make a real difference in the lives of people and give them a community of people who love and care about them on Christmas. Last year, some of the people who joined us were elderly people with no family, foreign college students who couldn’t go home, people whose jobs wouldn’t let them travel to be with their families, and so many more. This Christmas, let’s be family to those who need one!
And, you never know what God might do! It’s an opportunity to engage, to build relationships, and to invite them to the following church service with us! You just might be the one who God is going to use to change someone’s world!
Thank you so much for partnering with us! We are so PROUD of you, Rose Heights! Thank you for your heart!
Let’s do this!
Want to help serve at the Community Christmas Lunch? Awesome! Just sign up below!
Here are all of the details of this awesome community outreach! We’re incredibly excited! I hope you are, too!
Here are some of the final details!
Our Mission: to make everyone that comes to the Community Christmas Lunch feel uniquely special — like family. Everything we do on Christmas Day must be done through this missional lens!
- Greeters: Please arrive by 11:40 on Christmas Day to make sure that we are able to greet all of those people who will come by early. We will welcome them in, show them to their tables, and let them know that they can sign up for the Karaoke Contest and the $100 prize!
- Table Hosts: Your job is to build relationships with the people sitting at your table. Engage them in conversation, find out about them, serve them. Be aware of the physical limitations that some of them may have and offer to help get their food or drinks. By the end, help us invite them to attend church the following Sunday — maybe even invite them to sit with you! Who knows what God might do at the table!?!
- Cooks: I am depending HUGELY on you! Amanda and I will be at the church by 8 am that morning to begin preparing everything and getting it in order. You are more than welcome to join us early, but I need you to be there by at least 10 am so that we can create a flow and ensure that all of the dishes are getting heated and staying hot!
- Servers: If you would be willing to help serve the people coming through the buffet line, that would be awesome! We need to make sure there is enough food for everyone, and by filling their plates, we can ensure portion control. We should have more than enough food for leftovers, but we need to make sure at the beginning. Only need your help from 12:00 – 12:30 pm!
- Cleanup: As soon as the event is over at 2:00 pm, we will begin cleaning up the tables, taking out the trash, and cleaning up the kitchen. As long as we make sure the food cleanup is taken care of, we can do the rest of the cleaning the following day! You are so very kind for your willingness to stay and help clean — THANK YOU!
- If you can bring your dish in a disposable foil pan, that would be incredible. They will fit our chafing dishes and make sure that we can be as efficient as possible and keep heat things properly! Also, we would strongly encourage you to bring the dishes on the day of the event and already warm. If you are not able to bring the dish on the day of the event, I will be available on Christmas Eve from 5 pm – 6 pm to take your dishes and store them in the church kitchen. This narrow window will help me still be able to spend Christmas Eve with my family. I really appreciate your understanding!
Community Christmas Lunch Program
|10:00 am||Cooks arrive to help warm and prepare food.|
|11:45 am||Doors Open – Greeters in place to welcome guests.|
|12:00 pm||Finger Foods and Drinks Available and Open
(Table hosts in position to engage people and get to know them)
|12:30 pm||Food Line Opens (Servers serve food)
(Welcome & prayer for food.)
|1:00 pm||Musicians lead a few Christmas songs.|
|1:15 pm||Christmas Karaoke Competition For Prize (Awesomeness follows!)|
|1:45 pm||Bingo (3 prize giveaways for 3 Bingos)|
|2:05 pm||Special Christmas Story
(Quick Gospel Message and Invite for those in attendance)
|2:20 pm||Close: Invitation for everyone to join us the following Sunday with a preview of the upcoming sermon series.|
|2:30 pm||Final Prize Giveaway — Dismiss & Cleanup|
Thank you all so very much for your willingness to serve — I am so very humbled and proud of you all! Let’s make a huge impact on our community this Christmas Day!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at (903) 566-2080 x27 cell or email@example.com!
See you soon!
Community Life Center
Rose Heights Church
(903) 253-7506 cell