Get all of the details in the video above or keep reading on! We are just about a week away from the big day — we’re incredibly excited! I hope you are, too!
Here are some of the final details!
Our Mission: to make everyone that comes to the Community Christmas Lunch feel uniquely special — like family. Everything we do on Christmas Day must be done through this missional lens!
- Greeters: Please arrive by 11:45 on Christmas Day to make sure that we are able to greet all of those people who will come by early. We will welcome them in, show them to their tables, and let them know that they can sign up for the Karaoke Contest and the $100 prize!
- Table Hosts: Your job is to build relationships with the people sitting at your table. Engage them in conversation, find out about them, serve them. Be aware of the physical limitations that some of them may have and offer to help get their food or drinks. By the end, help us invite them to attend church the following Sunday — maybe even invite them to sit with you! Who knows what God might do at the table!?!
- Cooks: I am depending HUGELY on you! Amanda and I will be at the church by 8 am that morning to begin preparing everything and getting it in order. You are more than welcome to join us early, but I need you to be there by at least 10 am so that we can create a flow and ensure that all of the dishes are getting heated and staying hot!
- Servers: If you would be willing to help serve the people coming through the buffet line, that would be awesome! We need to make sure there is enough food for everyone, and by filling their plates, we can ensure portion control. We should have more than enough food for leftovers, but we need to make sure at the beginning. Only need your help from 12:30 – 1 pm!
- Cleanup: As soon as the event is over at 2:30 pm, we will begin cleaning up the tables, taking out the trash, and cleaning up the kitchen. As long as we make sure the food cleanup is taken care of, we can do the rest of the cleaning the following day! You are so very kind for your willingness to stay and help clean — THANK YOU!
- If you can bring your dish in a disposable foil pan, that would be incredible. They will fit our chafing dishes and make sure that we can be as efficient as possible and keep heat things properly! Also, we would strongly encourage you to bring the dishes on the day of the event and already warm. If you are not able to bring the dish on the day of the event, I will be available on Christmas Eve from 5 pm – 6 pm to take your dishes and store them in the church kitchen. This narrow window will help me still be able to spend Christmas Eve with my family. I really appreciate your understanding!
Community Christmas Lunch Program
|10:00 am||Cooks arrive to help warm and prepare food.|
|11:45 am||Doors Open – Greeters in place to welcome guests.|
|12:00 pm||Finger Foods and Drinks Available and Open
(Table hosts in position to engage people and get to know them)
|12:30 pm||Food Line Opens (Servers serve food)
(Welcome & prayer for food.)
|1:00 pm||Musicians lead a few Christmas songs.|
|1:15 pm||Christmas Karaoke Competition For Prize (Awesomeness follows!)|
|1:45 pm||Bingo (3 prize giveaways for 3 Bingos)|
|2:05 pm||Special Christmas Story
(Quick Gospel Message and Invite for those in attendance)
|2:20 pm||Close: Invitation for everyone to join us the following Sunday with a preview of the upcoming sermon series.|
|2:30 pm||Final Prize Giveaway — Dismiss & Cleanup|
Help us Invite People on Social Media! Share this link with your friends!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at (903) 253-7506 cell or firstname.lastname@example.org!
See you soon!
Pastor & Director
Community Life Center
Rose Heights Church
(903) 253-7506 cell